Sunday, August 3, 2008

August

It's August. And it's hot, hot, hot. Yes, even in Chicago-- laugh if you must, you southern friends. 

The good news is that I am nearly back on my feet. I'm 95% there. Onions are still outlawed within a 1 mile radius of my schnoz, but for the most part I can eat a bit more than desserts and carbs I have had to subsist upon. (I thank thee, fetus.)

I can tell that I am feeling better because my sometimes-endearing, sometimes-irritating habits are returning. Par example: I'm starting to *gasp* care about the condition of my bathroom and clean it. Unfortunately for Dan, this means that I also care about wet towels being put back on their rack. (Sorry babe, it's true-- you do it... admit it.) 

In fact today, I did give Dan a head's up about the upcoming nag factor of my health and he asked if it really had to appear. Fortunately for him, I still take naps in the afternoon and that diminishes his nag time by at least 20%. At least. :) 

We did have to cancel our trip to Mecca, er, I mean Maryland in a week. The heat and travel are causing my silly fetus to think that it is week TEN of pregnancy instead of week TWENTY. And no one wants me to go there again. Plus, as much as I'd like to make the haul to Maryland JUST for the Thrasher's Fries *salivate, salivate*, the fetus may have other ideas about my food intake. (Be nice to me, Fetus, I got the upper hand on the flip side of the birth.)

So, sayonara Thrasher's. 
Hello, naggy me. 
And goodnight blog friends. 

2 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Sorry you won't be able to make your MD trip, but so glad to hear that you're feeling better. Hope the baby is kind to you today!

Short Stop said...

95% better? YAY!!!!

Boooo that you can't go to MD. We almost cancelled our trip last summer when I was so sick and miserably pregnant. I kinda wish we had...with the exception of our time with Anna and fam at the beach, I was pretty miserable.

Will you still eat Tiramisu for dinner and breakfast? LOL!