Thursday, August 28, 2008

Be

Did allergy season come early this year? I am in a fog.

And today I realized why: I'm taking the SLEEPY allergy medicine.

I am such a dork.

Laughing... so between my drugs and the pregnancy tiredness, I'm never quite sure when "the wall" will be hit, but when it does, I'm a puddle.

I don't want to be a puddle.

I want to be a mighty wave, whisking laundry effortlessly and donning really cute jewelry in my pregnancy outfits. I want to call people back and fix all their problems with encouraging words or witty sayings. I want to make people dinners and leave it on their doorstep after they've had a hard day.

But this appears the time of life to grow a baby.

Which means being forgetful. Chubby. Mostly tired. A bit crabby. And keeping life simple.

Maybe tomorrow I'll take the right meds. And maybe I won't take two naps. Maybe just one.

But today, I'll just be.

3 comments:

andrea said...

Just "being" is good sometimes, too. And, when you feel like a mighty wave again, let me know and we'll go surfing! :)

Sittintall said...

I think that mighty wave you are hoping for exists, its just inside your belly! And what is it with those allergies. They are terrible. I never had them before I had kids either, and the pressure feels like you've been hit by a truck. Have a hopefully nice relaxing weekend.

Jenni S. said...

You just "be" as much as you can right now. Heaven knows in another few months, you might not be a puddle. You might just be steam... LOL. Kidding. Sort of.