Monday, August 18, 2008

Pharmacist Phun

Laughing... Almost every time I go to Mei.jer pharmacy, I have a funny conversation with the pharmacist. This happened last time, too. Just gives me a giggle thinking about it. 

Em: "Hi. I need more protein and iron in my diet due to this pregnancy but am having a hard time keeping down vitamins. Do you have a powder to put in a drink that has both-- that my stomach might tolerate?

Rx: "Are you getting plenty of folic acid?"

Em: "Um, yes."

Rx: "Good. And are you taking a prenatal vitamin?"

Em: "Right... that's the thing... I'm trying but I have a hard time keeping them down... even when I mix them into a milkshake."

Rx: "Well you should really try to eat some more meat. That has protein in it."

Em: "Right... Having trouble in the meat department you see..."

Rx: "And some green leafy vegetables for the iron. You really need to eat that."

Em: "Uh-huh. Right. Well, the whole point of the supplements is because I'm having trouble eating those."

Rx: "Yeah, you really need those. Do you have enough prenatals... we have them for free here."

Em: "Oh, that's very nice, but I have plenty of them. Just have a hard time keeping them down.  So, back to my earlier question... do you have that powder?"

Rx: "I would try GNC. We don't really have something like that."

Gotcha. 

"Who's on first base?"

4 comments:

Short Stop said...

BAH HAHAHAHAHA! How very helpful.

Pharmacists have about as much personality as a thermometer.

Unknown said...

Pharmacist: Hmm...have you been remembering to breathe in and out? What about eating and drinking...been doing lots of that? Oh, I know - did you put your shoes on the right feet this morning?

Morons.

Jenni S. said...

LOL. Oh don't get me started on the Mei.jer pharmacy. Granted we get more than the average person's prescriptions, BUT they seem to screw up about every other time I pick one up. All that to say, this story surprises me not.

Anonymous said...

Ah, welcome to dealing with Meijer employees...not that I was like that:) (I used to work in the internal audit department at Meijer)