Monday, August 11, 2008

Pep Talk to Me

Debbie was my pregnancy help angel for the past 3-4 months while I grew this baby. Last Friday was her last day. Today, I learn to stand on my own. 
Thoughts:

What I should be doing: 
Not blogging

What I will do next: 
1.Roll up my sleeves.
2. Admit that Debbie will not be walking through my door at 9am to help me with my house. 
3. Try to remember how one runs a house/family life and 
4. Plunge into the day. 

What will happen today: 
A lot of flexibility with myself and this silly exhausting pregnancy.

What will not happen today: 
1. Perfection.
2. Big wet tears from friends bemoaning the fact that I have *gasp* one whole child to take care of by myself. hehe 

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

Hey, be gentle to my Emily.

Taking care of Morgan is ALOT of work - especially while carrying another one. Jack about did me in when it was only me and him all day. Whether you have one or ten, sacrificing your time for another is never easy...especially when "another" is totally irrational and needy.

Yes, be flexible. Be kind to yourself as you carry this little one, Ems.

Jenni S. said...

LOL - I'm about to let go of my twice weekly help in a couple of weeks and I'm a little nervous at the prospect of not having time to myself.

You can do it! And if, at the end of the day you can't, just remind yourself, Dan can do it! :)