Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coyote Ugly

Yesterday we had a little drama in our neighborhood. Seems a lonely and somewhat lame coyote was squatting in the field behind our house sunning itself. It seemed to like the field and made no attempt to think that it was out of place.

It was a little disconcerting to see a coyote just sitting there. And then it went to the playground which made all us parents a little wiggy.

My neighbor called Animal Control. You'll never believe what they did.

They sent a guy to chase the coyote. With a net.

There are two things wrong with that statement: Guy and Net.

It should read: Guys (plural) and tranquilizer guns.

I don't care if the coyote had ONE leg, brain damage and no eyes, those buggers could outrun some yahoo from Animal Control faster than you can say "Meep Meep". Which leads me to believe that they got their animal control education from watching Roadrunner.

Later in the day I got to thinking, what if (and this is a stretch, folks) what if Tweedledee actually CAUGHT the coyote in the net? Does he think it will be amenable to a ride in the net until such time as a muzzle is available?

I personally called Animal Control again and asked what they were going to do about the wild animal hanging around the playground. (Don't worry-- I was very nice and played the "innocent stay-at-home-mother" role very well.) I did not let on that I knew about the net incident.

They "assured" me that TWO men were coming out. I was tempted to ask if the other one was Tweedledum, but I held my tongue.

3 comments:

Travis said...

I must assume the question of "what do I do when I get the coyote in the litte net?" had to have been answered before he came out, right?

YIKES!

Maybe his coyote catching manual was missing a few pages.

Jenni S. said...

LOL!!!!!!! And still laughing at the Tweedledum comment. Oh my goodness you are hilarious? So did they catch it? Wasn't there something this spring about a wild animal walking around downtown Chicago and going into a Quiznos or something (which is totally where I would go for a quick lunch too)? What is happening to that place?

Sittintall said...

We've had a few coyotes in the past, but this used to be farm land. What in tarnation is going on there? And yes, I think those animal control people need them some edumacation! A net!