Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dear PDLC


Dear Petri Dish Love Child,

This is my first official note to you. It appears that you're very active. I'm glad.

I'm also very tired. Which must mean that you're growing. 

Your father and I have a very special name picked out for you. We chose this name somewhat casually back when we found out that you were a "stick-er"; we like your stubborn streak. Since then, a few other layers of meanings for this name has confirmed that this is your name; we can't think of another that's better. When you're born, I really look forward to saying this name when I see your face. 

For now I know you as the little life which greets me in the morning, evening and every nap time with some whopper kicks. There have been a few times where I have actually winced, you've kicked that hard. And then I smile, because I feel your strength and life inside me.

We have no idea how to prepare for your emotionally. Your room will be ready, of course, but just as we had no clue as to how Morgan would change our life, once again we find ourselves the happy recipients of helpless love for someone we don't even know. 

Morgan easily says "I love you, baby" to my growing stomach, but it wasn't until recently that I realized that I love you, too.  I truly do. 

Well, it's time for me to go to bed. I anticipate some fierce kicking tonight as I just ate a chocolate chip cookie. If you have a sweet tooth, you'll fit in especially well. :)

Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Tenny Zanity said...

Em - I'm so glad to see this ultrasound picture!!! She's a beaut! I cannot wait to meet her... You have me really curious about her name now. hmmmm....
love you!
-Noel

Jenni S. said...

Oh Emily, I am getting so excited for you and I've never even met you. I can't wait to see what you name her and how she fits in and so many other things for you and your family.