Monday, September 17, 2007

Boy oh Boy.

Tonight I saw a spectacular act of defiance that had me laughing heartily.

My 4 year old neighbor took to squirting his tired father in their back yard with a squirt gun. His father was trying to read. Finally the father blurted out, "WILL YOU STOP GETTING ME WET?" (I don't judge, dear friends; I've been in a similar situation.) Then the father went inside, leaving the 4 year old boy with his 2 year old sister outside.

This is where it gets good.

Seeing his father gone, the little boy plunged both his long-sleeved arms into a bucket of water. When he brought them out, the weight of the water caused the sleeves to droop heavily.

The boy saw how his arms transformed into wet weapons of destruction.

He also saw his unsuspecting sister.

He twirled the sleeves in the air, hitting her with big wet droplets again and again. Sometimes he hit her directly with the sleeves but she was too young to cry much. She was mostly irritated.

Again and again he plunged his arms in the water like an attention crazed maniac, flinging water as strongly as he could. I know what an attention-crazed maniac looks like from experience, believe me.

I didn't see the inevitable altercation with his father, but I'm sure it was good.

My thoughts are with all of my friends with boys. Whew!

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

Yep...that's a boy for you!! LOL! I bet he had a blast!

Sheryl said...

Oh man! I can see Alex doing something like that - with Marc as his dad? It's inevitable!! :)