Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Doc Visit

Today I went to my obgyn for a consultation. (Don't worry- I won't get THAT personal.)

I love my obgyn. He's very fatherly most times. But when I was delivering Morgan, he was a sarge. I like that he knows when to be strong and when to be gentle. Come to think of it, that's what I like about Dan as well.

In any case, among the many things we discussed, the doc said that the test results from our January loss indicate that we were most likely pregnant with a girl; the cells they tested were female.

It's funny to me how that info doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It's like I was collecting information about somebody else; I felt very detached. I find it humorous, mostly. I don't feel much pain about it, but... wait, I lied. Now I'm tearing up.

*sigh*

Anyway, I like our doc.

5 comments:

Short Stop said...

Is it selfish to say that I'm SO glad I get to give you a HUGE hug in a couple of weeks? I can't wait to see you, Em!

I can't even imagine how hard all of this is. I'm praying, and I won't stop. I know that's the best thing I can do for you!

BTW, your doc sounds great.

Sittintall said...

Thank goodness for good doctors. At least that is something to be thankful for, after all they can be very hard to come by. We also are praying for you.

trevsmom said...

Emily, I too am praying for you and can't relate to the plethora of emotions that come along with the appointments and testing! Thanks for your encouragement and for the verses from Isaiah!

Emily Dykstra said...

Thanks, Sar. And thank you, too, ladies. What wonderful support I have.

Kris said...

You are a strong woman and God has blessed you with a good doc. I'm sad with you.
K