Friday, September 7, 2007

Don't Say I Never Gave You Anything.


Okay, I'm a newbie at posting recipes, but my friends Kris and Sarah have inspired me. Oh, and my rock awesome recipe which I got from my Momma inspired me too. :)

This recipe is not for the diet crazed lot of you out there. It is chocked full of God-given calories and it sends the consumer into a momentary state of bliss.

This recipe is also not from the weak of stomach, as in the acid-reflux plagued. But I didn't care. I ate it carefully and made vast amounts of bribes with my stomach. It was worth it.

Finally, if you omit the rice, this can be a dip.

Mexican Vegetarian Casserole

15 oz whole kernel corn, drained
15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
10 oz. diced tomatoes with chiles
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. picante
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups cooked rice
1 bunch green onions, chopped (optional)
2.25 oz sliced ripe olives (optional)
8 oz. shredded Montery Jack cheese

Combine first 7 ingredients (through rice).
Spoon into 13x9" baking dish, lightly greased.
Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Yield: 6 servings


Cry for your momma. It's that good.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Mmmm...this looks like it would be great on a cool fall day! We'll be trying it!
K

Short Stop said...

Woo hoo! Finally! Let me tell ya folks...this girl can cook! :)

I will most assuredly, most definitely be trying this one!

YAY, Em! Keep 'em coming! I've been wanting to get some secrets from that tabbed little homemade recipe book you have...don't think I've forgotten about that one!! :)

Sheryl said...

Oh yum!!! It looks delicious and even though I am no cooker, I want to try this out!!

Emily Dykstra said...

Sar, you crack me up.

Ah yes, Kris- This WOULD be a good fall treat. I've never tried it as a dip but it has Super Bowl Sunday written all over it.

Sheryl- you WILL cry for your momma eating this. It is the definition of comfort food: simple, delicious, fast and carby. Yummers.