Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Preschool


Well, it's official. Morgan is in preschool.

The decision was mostly selfish. I needed time to do some freelance work (Marc, the logos are coming out wonderfully!) and Morgan doesn't like me to work on the computer with her around. My friend Beth recommended this awesome preschool that takes children from 9-12:30. Morgan attends two times a week at a little Presbyterian church.

Turns out that they actually TEACH something there. :) Morgan has a Bible lesson, play time, snack time and all sorts of school-ish themed activities. I know, I know. Most women think of what their children will learn FIRST and then think "Bonus! Some time to myself!" But at least education was my SECOND consideration, right?

So today was her first day. In the customary "first day of school" photo, I also included her book bag. The pencil-shaped accessory was used by MOI when I was her age. That definitely makes me feel old. The bag is in great shape. And *ahem* hopefully will stay that way.

When Morgan returned home, I peppered her with the normal "how did you like school" questions. Then I asked her how she liked her lunch. I opened her lunch box to find that ALL her lunch was still there. All of it, that is, except for her apple juice box. The new juice box was too much of a novelty to pass up. Grrrr.

So now she is sitting at the kitchen table periodically negotiating with me about how much sandwich and apple she has to eat before she can have a cookie.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

Oh, how sweet! She could not look any more precious for her first day...and with your book bag. Boo hoo!

Happy first day of school, Morgan! Smooch! :)

Kris said...

Happy first day! It is a great thing that she is going! She will love it and they will love her, just like we do!
K