Saturday, September 8, 2007

Real Life Questions

Anyone subscribe to Real Simple Magazine? Here's a page I took from their interview section just for fun. Have to hone my interview skills just in case they call me. :)

Name: Emily
Occupation: Full time mother and wife, occasional graphics freelancer
Relations: Married, one daughter
Hometown: Chicagoland

What's your favorite feature about yourself? Hmmmm, I like my cheeks/cheekbones. They help define my face. Plus, I have dimples when I smile.

What scares you? Frost-bitten food.

Someone should invent: A trash incinerator for the car.

What amount of money would make you feel as if you were set for life?
Crikey. I'm a natural worrier, so I'd have to say that no amount would do. It's a daily exercise for me to be content with what I gots.

How many books have you read in the past year? Never enough. Besides God's Word, I like to read a few books on motherhood, a sampling of novels and cookbooks.

My life would be simpler if...
Okay, I'll cut to the chase: if sin didn't exist. You know- sickness, botched projects, insurance companies, grumpy attitudes... sin.

The big decision I'm currently wrestling with is... (Pregnancy issues aside)... Should I stay in computer graphics or should I listen to the little ideas in my head about other ways to design in the world? There's a blank canvas upstairs and a painting sitting in my head waiting for life.

If I suddenly came into $1,000 in spare cash, I would... If it was truly SPARE, then I would blow it on clothes for my family. I'd buy Dan a trendy jacket I saw and I'd find myself some Mommy-safe fashions. Plus, I'd buy Morgan some cute boutiquey things. *sigh* I love nice clothes but I'm pretty cheap, too.

Worst "crawl under a rock" moment: When I was talking to a coworker years ago, I was flipping a Sharpie marker in the air. I flipped it too high once and it went down my v-neck shirt, landing in my cleavage. I was pregnant at the time, so the "girls" did a nice job of holding the pen completely upright. The guy I was talking to was too embarrassed to talk to me anymore and walked away.

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

Now, that was seriously...ok, not seriously...that was just plain ol' fun to read! The marker...hilarious! The trash incinerator...couldn't agree more. Your dimples...the cutest!

Can't wait to see you. Haven't I already told you that?

Sheryl said...

Was the sharpie open - did a pretty picture ensue, or was it safely secured and no damage was done?
That was quite humorous! :)

A girl who loves said...

Ok. I remember the sharpie incident. The clevage was pretty awe stopping. Laughing.

You should start a business with me and we will do creative stuff. Computer and other. You are too talented to stop. Your mind will keep going and make you crazy.