Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Run, Forest, Run!

I have had a sometimes frustrating, sometimes humorous year as far as health concerns.

The frustrating parts are well known by my friends, so I'll focus on the rather humorous bouts of health issues.

In the past month, approximately every two weeks I have had some sort of bodily misfunction which prevents me from doing my morning run.

The first week of August had just past when I sprained my toe.

Just as I was walking better, I threw my back out. I remember standing on my tippy toes to kiss my tall husband goodbye and *eeeek* something went in my back. That recovery also took me a couple weeks.

My back is now feeling great and the toe is almost better. This Sunday Dan and I took our morning Sunday walk. When I returned home, I noticed that my face felt funny. Holey allergies, Batman. All that prairie grass gazing was beautiful, but I swelled up immediately. This is a pretty normal seasonal occurance for me. I'll be better in about a week or so. The best thing to kick it is unfortunately to rest a lot and drink a lot.

But you know what? I don't care. When I get back on my feet in a week or so, I'm getting my butt up again and running, walking, skipping. I'm not accepting sickness for a lifestyle.

Sayonara, sickness. This chica is on the verge of health.

No comments: