Saturday, September 20, 2008

HomeGoods

Do you like the HomeGoods store?

If you haven't been, it's the home section of Marshalls or TJMaxx... but an ENTIRE STORE of it. Home decorating. Overstocks of really nice decor. It's amazing. I don't go there often because my credit card screams every time I drive past. And I like to keep my budget, which seems to largely go to home maintenance lately. You hear?

For my birthday (a month ago), I received a HomeGoods gift certificate. And I'm itching to use it. It's been a month of waiting...

I couldn't go in the evenings because by the time Dan got home, I was nearly on my way to bed. Silly pregnancy. 

I could go in the day with Morgan, but my little helper (who I adore) talks too much and likes to touch the merchandise too much.

I have two mornings a week I could go when Morgan is at preschool but doc visits and freelance work have caused me to use that time otherwise. 

And then... last week, I saw that they opened a *brand new, hugearific* HomeGoods store in Naperville. Down the street from me. 

Oh. My. Land. 

I couldn't get it out of my mind.

Yesterday, in a moment of weakness,  I was "this close" to taking Morgan after preschool. 
Emily: (Enter overly chipper Mommy voice.) "Morgan, would you like to go shopping with Mommy right now?"
Morgan: "Do they have toys there?"
Pause. Thinking.
Emily: "Yep. They have mommy toys and kiddo toys."
Morgan: "Ooo... you could buy me a toy."
(Ugh... conversation going south. Don't want to use my birthday money for bribe toy for daughter.)
Emily: "You know, let's just go home and take our afternoon rest."

And so, friends, this week... God willing... I will go to the new HomeGoods store for the first time in 6 months with my carefully saved gift certificate. I will tremble with anticipation as I walk in the doors and whiff the new store smell. And I will browse. Leisurely-like. Sans child. 

I will not buy cleaning supplies. Or anything responsible. 

I may not buy anything at all (not likely). But the possibility is there...

2 comments:

Sittintall said...

Hope you had fun. I love that store and wish we had one like it in Michigan.

Anonymous said...

Didn't know they opened one in Naperville. Where is it located?