Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oatmeal Wars

Morgan has oatmeal just about every morning. Essentially, it's a layer of oatmeal, two spoons of sprinkles and a some brown sugar. Very healthy. *wink*

She normally can't quite finish it and since I'm too dumb to look at what's left in her bowl too busy and tired with everyday life, I haven't been paying attention to what she has left.

Until last week.

Emily: "Morgan, you didn't finish your oatmeal. You hardly touched it."

Morgan: "I don't like the white part."

Emily: "The white part? The white part is the oatmeal. You only ate the topping?"

Morgan: "Yeah. I don't like that other part."

Grrrrr... how long have I been feeding my child clumps of sugar?

So this morning, I smarted up and mixed the sugar into the oatmeal. Morgan claims it doesn't taste the same. Nu-duh. Oatmeal mixed with sugar tastes a lot different than, say, pure sugar. 

Laughing... man this kid keeps me on my toes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makes me smile....I remember when my daughters would pick all the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms cereal and eat only them, not the cereal itself. I think Morgan has a sweet tooth like her mother....frosting and choc chips for breakfast. :-)