Thursday, September 4, 2008

September

This is such a funny time of year. Families running frantically from place to place, trying to squeeze 4 hours worth of activities into a 2 hour time slot. Somehow, the house still needs to be cleaned, laundry done and cars filled with gas. 

I spoke to my friend Ann last night. I almost forgot her name, it was that long since we talked. I wanted to take her out to coffee and ask how her first week of work was (her youngest kiddos just started school). But there's really no good time to reach her and no good time for her to reach me. Except for 6am and typically friends don't like to talk to me then. haha

But we managed to squeeze ten minutes into a conversation, promising to have coffee when our schedules opened. Which is in, like, three weeks. Ridiculous. 

I'm not saying this to sound overly-important. I'm actually awestruck that I am the mother of only one child who is relatively easy to raise of late (oh please, Lord, don't let the streak end) and yet I find myself dashing to errands on emergency underpants runs, car dealership visits and grocery shopping. The days fill and I don't know how.

I'm grateful for the full days. And I'm grateful to be somewhat on my feet. 

I just miss my friends. Like ships passing in the night. Like minivans passing in the McDonalds drive-thru. 

This is just a season. For all my friends. One day soon we'll come up for air and say, "Hey, I remember you. Wanna catch a movie? Coffee?" 

And life will be perfect. *wink*

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

And, I am SO glad that in just about a week, I will get some special time with you! :):)

Can't wait.

BTW, I can relate to every word of this. I'm running around like a crazy woman lately.

Kris said...

I'm sure you know I can totally relate! So glad to hear that you are handling the busyness with a light heart! I miss girl's nights too! Hope you have a great weekend!

Jenni S. said...

Oh I can so relate. What a great way to put it.