Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Starbucks Therapy

Today I was on my way to the community center, to Morgan's first ballet class. For some reason, Morgan has been a great deal hesitant to go to her classes, preschool or other. And this one was no different. It took-- I don't know-- 15? 30 minutes? or so to remind her of how excited she has been about this class. 

So on the way to class, I got some therapy. I went through the Starbucks drive-thru.

It lured me with its deliciousness. 

It called me with its drive-thru-ness.

And it enticed me with its made-to-orderness.

I ordered a Pumpkin Spice Latte. 
Non-fat. 
Half-caff.
Grande. 
Light whip. 
Light ice. 

There was something about ordering this beverage that made me feel really good.
I felt special.
I felt in control of something.
I felt served.

I also felt four dollars lighter, but that's the price I was willing to pay for this treat.

I really recommend it, friends. It's not about the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It's about a special moment just for you. 

And four bucks is cheaper than a massage, life coach or treadmill. :)

5 comments:

andrea said...

Mmmm...always a fan of Starbucks!

Sittintall said...

I went for that treat today too! Mmmm...my PSL is back.

Janice said...

Couldn't agree more.

Short Stop said...

I know exactly how this feels. And how much lighter the pocket book feels afterwards.

But, it's worth every penny!

Jenni S. said...

Oh how I know this too well...