Monday, June 11, 2007

At my service

Today I took Morgan to the pool. At last. Some benefits of being a stay at home mother. No office tan today. No sirreeeee.

Before I chanced my outing, I called the pool ahead of time. I haven't officially received my pool pass and wanted to be sure that they would not decline me. Can't take denial too well. You understand. Plus it's a ten minute walk with a person half my size. A jaunt for me is a hike for squirt.

So I called the office and a wonderful woman gave me so much customer service that I almost died of overdose. She made it clear to me that I was paid up in association dues and that I could go. I offered my thanks and prepared to hang up the phone.

"And if they give you any guff, you have them call me directly. They have my office and cell phone," she assured me. I thanked her again.

"Because I was just there this morning and if they don't let you in... well, just have them call me. I spoke with Spencer and John, " she clarified. I thanked her a third time.

"Let me just give you my direct line in case they give you trouble," she added. I quickly jotted down the number, thanked her profusely for her extra assistance and used that "I'm leaving now" tone of voice... the kind that trails off. She said good-bye.

Customer service, I have new faith in thee.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You've crossed into the Outer Limits. No seriously - you have. Once you're past Naperville, you are out of the limits of Chicago-land rudeness.

Emily Dykstra said...

I think I speak for everyone when I respond: "Huh?"

Additionally, I'm discrediting everything you say until cicada season is over. I didn't want to tell you but I saw one burrowing out of your ear the other day.

Unknown said...

Wow...I'm impressed we actually found someone who knows the meaning of the term, "customer service" -- even if it is a little excessive.

These days, excessive service almost makes up for the excessive dis-service we've been getting from other guys.

Yay! We broke even!

Short Stop said...

Yay for the pool! Hope you had fun!