Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Overheard, Part II

Dan and I are sitting at the dinner table last night, sipping cheap wine. We're looking at a seascape painting which I painted last year and put on the living room mantel.

Dan: "Em, don't take this the wrong way, but that painting looks better from far away than it does close up."

Awkward pause.

Emily: "That's okay. It's like me. I look better far away than close up."

Dan: "Haha. That's not true. But do you know what I meant about the painting? It looks more realistic from back here."

A slightly buzzed Emily thinks: "Everything looks better from where I sit right now."

2 comments:

Emily Dykstra said...

Um, I didn't mean anything negative from that. I really didn't. I meant that no matter what he said (positive or negative) that I was in happy land.

Sorry, Dan. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Here's how I translated that:

Emily: "It's like me. You're going to have to admire me from far away for quite some time now, buster!"