Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

This week, I made a small Father's Day craft with Morgan. It was a craft foam little person. She put foam clothes on it and drew a smile on it for Dan.

So this morning, I gently woke up my sleeping beauty and reminded her of her craft. "Morgan, it's Father's Day," I reminded her. "Remember how you drew this picture of Daddy?" Her response was unexpected: "That's a not a boy! That's a girl!" and she began bawling. "Oh, a girl? Okay, well, fine then. Give Daddy the craft you made," I said, quickly thinking on my feet. "But I want to keep it," she retorted. More bawling.

Defeat. "Alright, Morgan, well just show Daddy the craft you made."

She went downstairs and showed Dan the craft. Then, she got on the phone with her grandma a few minutes later and promptly promised her the foam doll. Lovely.

3 comments:

Short Stop said...

That's HILARIOUS! I love her wit...she cracks me up!

Unknown said...

I still had a great Father's Day...even though I didn't get the foam doll. :)

Anonymous said...

No foam doll?!? Sounds like the worst Father's Day EVER.