Monday, June 18, 2007

Zzzzzzz

"Am I a man or a woman?"

This is the question I ask Dan on days that I'm too exhausted to remember my gender. Like today, for example.

I keep fluctuating between being "balanced Mommy taking her time to make this house our home" and "wicked crazy Momma who stays up late with fire in her eyes because she can't STAND it anymore". Ahem. So you can guess what I did last night.

And today, I suffered from the MOMENT I woke up. I forced myself to run this morning before Dan went to work. But running blindly (I was THAT tired) can only be more detrimental than good, don't you think? Then I attacked my list o' things to accomplish today, which Morgan promptly sliced in half. Kids really don't do more than 3 errands on any given day and I'm INCLUDING drive through errands as well. Like banks. Or McDonalds. Just three errands. They're like the magical genie of errands: You get THREE wishes and you cannot wish for more errands.

Then I tried to take a nap with Morgan in my bed. We can do this pretty well normally. But not this day. It wasn't in the cards. Our twenty minute nap-a-rooney involved Morgan trying to squeeze her ENTIRE body inside a pillow case at one point. There was a lot of wiggling and sighing on her part, evidence of her lack of tiredness. But the clincher was when she kept poking me to see if I was awake. I asked her to stop it. Okay, okay. I yelled. I was exhausted.

So now she is upstairs. I put on my best "Mommy needs time away from you" voice and said it in the sweetest way possible.

I've locked myself up in the office, biding my time while waiting for my knight in shining armor to come home.

"Let Mommy be by herself until she remembers her gender again, Morgan."

1 comment:

Kris said...

Ah...so it was a global "make mommy crazy day." Do they send out memos? Oh, and I totally agree on the 3 errand thing!
K