Thursday, June 14, 2007

Ruth Graham

Oh my. Today I read that dear Ruth Graham, beloved wife of Billy Graham, died at the age of 87. I teared up. What a lovely person she had to have been. For her and her husband to endure the clichés of Christian evangelists all these years and maintain such a strong marriage...what a beautiful life. Here's what her husband had to say:

"I am so grateful to the Lord that He gave me Ruth, and especially for these last few years we've had in the mountains together. We've rekindled the romance of our youth, and my love for her continued to grow deeper every day. I will miss her terribly, and look forward even more to the day I can join her in Heaven."

Being ushered into heaven with those words... is there anything better?

4 comments:

Kris said...

I especially like the part about "rekindling the love of (their) youth.." I hope that I can have that same thing when I'm 87!
K

Emily Dykstra said...

I know, I know. That was the part that got me... right here.

Sheryl said...

Kind of reminds me of my Oma & Opa and their marriage and the things she used to say about him after he passed away. It's amazing to hear the love they had for each even after 50+ years of being together...and then the "clincher" of how she really cannot wait to get to Heaven to be with him again one day! Amazing! :)

Betty Miller said...

I pray my husband can say the same thing of me!!