Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Reverse Psychology

Here's a way to outsmart those kiddos of yours. It's like reverse psychology, but I amp it up a bit. I owe it all to Oscar the Grouch.

Want your kid to eat a tuna sandwich? Instead of "tuna fish", call it "tuna flesh".

Want your obstinate one to get their hair washed? Ask them this: "Do you want a shampoo-poo or a shampee-pee?" They'll giggle and pretend to be grossed out. Ultimately, their locks will be washed.

And finally, for the one who won't touch their grilled cheese sandwich, tell them, "Oh, I see. You wanted a grilled SNEEZE sandwich, not a grilled cheese. I'll be right back." Then pretend to make a new one, giving them the same sandwich and *voila*... they are eating at last.

4 comments:

Short Stop said...

Now if I could just find a way to translate that into potty performance!

Anonymous said...

That is so weird that you would blog about that today... no joke, I was thinking this morning about making grilled cheese for lunch (it's a rainy, dreary day here) and I instantly thought of my big sis Em and her "grilled sneeze"! That used to gross Drew out so bad hehe!

Kris said...

I love it! Always a good reminder to add humor to all things to make it more fun! " a spoonful of sugar," eh?
K

Unknown said...

I remember a Calvin & Hobbes cartoon where the dad did that to Calvin and the mom was disgusted by it - and dismayed that her cooking got reduced to that.