Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fashion


If you haven't heard me say this a dozen times, I'll say it again: My prime responsibility as a parent is to keep Morgan alive. That's all. Forget learning ABCs or learning to share. Keep her alive.

Here is a photo demonstrating my point: Today Morgan decided to don this ensemble. It's not too terrible, you think, even though it clashes and it's a bit hot for today's summer weather. But wait... if you look closer you'll see that her skirt is in fact not a skirt. It's a shawl that she forced over her head and onto her waist. It's actually somewhat stuck on her until I force it off her little body.

So there are three reasons why I must redress this child:
1. She will pass out at the zoo today if she wears this.
2. Others will pass out laughing at her pink fetish; the fashion police may actually arrest her for disturbing the peace.
3. She can't breathe too well with the waist cinching.

Whew! And my father thinks I watch Oprah all day.

7 comments:

Short Stop said...

She's definitely a fashion designer in the making. What creativity! :) BTW, you mention pink...can you refresh my memory as to what that is?

Emily Dykstra said...

haha... Pink (def.) An overused hue commonly found on little girls to emphasize feminity.

Sheryl said...

Um....pink isn't always used just on LITTLE girls, FYI...I MAY know someone who, quite frankly, owns quite a bit of pink. But we won't mention her name :)

Unknown said...

It's Marc, isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Someone get that girl some sequins!!! :)

Emily Dykstra said...

Drat. I spelled femininity wrong. Grrrr. Now Dan won't give me dinner tonight.

Sheryl said...

Well, he DOES like Barbie dolls, Dan!!!