Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Back for More Baklava


Today I went to Hahn's Bakery in downtown Geneva and bought this decadence. It's called Chocolate Baklava.

Normally I don't care for baklava, but the last time I went in Hahn's Bakery, the owner described it so well that I thought I'd give it a go. He had me at "chocolate". This scrumptious dessert has a beautiful blend of textures: the airiness of the pastry is complemented by the chunks of chocolate throughout. And then at the bottom there's this gooey, caramel colored filling which can only be described as "so this is heaven".

Feast your eyes.

5 comments:

Short Stop said...

Holy cow...that looks awesome!

Sheryl said...

I love baklava, but I like traditional, full-of-almond-paste baklava. Don't throw anything fancy like chocolate into it for me! My Oma used to make THE BEST ever! SO delish :)

Betty Miller said...

I do enjoy reading your blog. I love baklave too but don't put chocolate in it (am I female??)-like mother like daughter-fill it with almond paste!!

Emily Dykstra said...

Have I had almond paste? Guess I'll have to give it a try, ladies!

A girl who loves said...

I've gained 5lbs just looking at it!