Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stirred, not Shaken

It has been fairly quiet on the Dykstra homefront. Finally. The gentle rhythm of the everyday mayhem is much preferred to the gusts of disaster which have sweeping our house this past year.

In fact, today I am a bit homebound from a touchy back. My family is at church so I am alone. It's quiet and beautiful this Sunday morning. My husband's firm instructions were "to rest". What he meant to say was "stay in bed" but I'm doing my version of resting: I'm baking bread from scratch. In reminds me of beauty and that is what I want in my home right now. Beauty.

All is quiet on the fertility front as well. We have a few options but we're not rushing into things. We're enjoying a little peace for now.

I have an occasional call from a friend who asks shyly how we're doing. They want to know what's happening on the fertility front. We're not telling many; we like the peace. Then they want to know how we'll handle another pregnancy. What they really want to know is what if "it" happens again. I even had one friend who told us to stop trying. She meant well. She's just afraid.

But today is Sunday. And it is a day of rest. I'm not afraid of the future. God's arm is never too short to save.

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace..." Hebrews 12:28

3 comments:

Kris said...

You are strong and God has blessed you with peace..I can hear it in your words. Know that we care for you and your family. Praying...
K

Sheryl said...

Beautiful blog, Emily!! Made me tear a little, but God will never let go of you! You are so strong and faithful to God...he will bless you - you just wait!!

Short Stop said...

Thinking of you! Thank you for sharing this so openly! It was a good view into your heart. "I'm not afraid of the future." Now that's God's grace!