Thursday, July 10, 2008

"F" is for "Flutters"

Today I felt honest-to-goodness baby flutters. So amazing.

Here's how it happened: I ate a sandwich and went right to bed for a rest. I like to hug my Snoogle pillow tightly against my stomach when I rest. So between the eaten sandwich and the Snoogle pillow hug, the baby was squished and let me know it. I lay still in amazement, feeling it flutter around my abdomen.

I never felt flutters with Morgan, so this was particularly exciting. I think the baby was trying to say "I'm sorry" for making yesterday so barf-tastic. Thankfully, today was less so.

3 comments:

Sittintall said...

Yeah!! Little petri baby gives you some love. I always loved those flutters. I didn't feel Kyra move much either because my placenta was in front, but I felt Katie a lot and loved it.

Janice said...

Oh how amazing!! I think the baby wants more of that sandwich...

Jenni S. said...

Who-hoo! I'm doing my best cheerleader cheer for baby flutters (think Cheri Oteri's Spartan Spirit if you ever watched SNL). Hope you can eat today. :)