Thursday, July 10, 2008

Psalm 23 for Me

I'm almost 17 weeks, so it really surprised me yesterday to spend the day very, very sick. To tell you the truth, I was a little ticked that I felt that ill at this stage. So there was crying and anger and tiredness and frustration. I miss my health and my family.

The day felt totally overwhelming before it really began, but I received some great care:

I'm so thankful for Debbie's help. She took great care of Morgan all morning.

And when Debbie had to leave at 2, Morgan played with one of her Little P*nies (yes, she won one for her swimming efforts!) She must have played quietly by herself for 2 or 3 hours. This is unusual for her and I was so thankful.

Thank you, God, for Debbie's help. Thank you for Morgan's ability to play quietly by herself yesterday. Thank you for my kind and gracious husband.

And God, if you see fit, it sure would be nice to have a more gentle rhythm of health so I can be with them more.

Psalm 23 parts from the Message

God, my shepherd!

I don't need a thing.

You have bedded me down in lush meadown,

You find me quiet pools to drink from.

True to Your word,

You let me catch my breath...

1 comment:

Jenni S. said...

Praise God that He gave you some rest yesterday! I love it when I catch glimpses of Him in the little things - as if He's tenderly caring for you like a Father does.

Thanks for your sweet comment on today's post. It meant a lot. Sometimes just knowing that someone feels your pain is enough.