Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Funny and Unhelpful Statements

Random statements I have said and others have said. 
We gotta laugh at ourselves, don't we?

1. You haven't had your baby yet?
(Said to a mother past her due date.)

2. Your daughter is going to have a tough time adjusting to a new baby.
(Oooo...news flash.)

3. You work all the way downtown?
(Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes.)

4. I'm trying to figure out if you're having a girl or boy. Were your hips this wide before your pregnancy?
(No. Was your mouth that big before you opened it?)

5. I think I'm going to plan to have my next baby in spring. It's so pretty that time of year.
(You want fries with that?)

6. How do you drive such a small car with your child?
(I start by putting the key in the ignition...)

7. You look better than last time I saw you. You look... healthy. 
(I totally said this to someone recently. Foot in mouth disease took over. I asked for a do-over. Ugh. I meant to say she looked fabulous. Sorry, J!)

8. Was that a bargain? If so, it's obvious. 
(Said by teenager.)

9. You'll find a husband when you stop looking for him.
or
You'll have a baby when you stop trying for one.
(Have you noticed how these statements are only said by people who have spouses or children? Hmmmm.)

10. How did you pay for this?
(American dollars seem to do the job.)

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh Em, I shamelessly admit that some of these are mine! Yikes, I believe I have that foot in the mouth disease too! They are hilarious too! We need to get together!
Beth

Short Stop said...

Oh, ICK! I've said some of them, had some of them said to me, and they all make me cringe.

You, however, make me laugh. The list as a whole is hilarious.

Jenni S. said...

I have been guilty of some of these in the past, but thankfully have found the lid for my mouth in the last few years. :)