Saturday, February 23, 2008

Camp

Dear Mom and Dad,

Camp Whatsamatta-This-Is-Illinois is interesting.

For starters, to "thicken my blood", I had to endure one cold winter. Not the 30-40 degrees days you're accustomed to, mind you. No, my camp counselor had us enjoy 5 degree days. If we didn't grin and bear it, then we were considered "woosies". I used to be a "woosie" but I've been promoted to "wimple".

I can put your mind at ease, however. Today was a very warm upper 20 degree day and it felt like 70. I think my blood is thickening nicely, or else my skull is.

Meanwhile, to toughen us up, we were made to endure a game we called "Cabin Fever". The object is to stay inside your cabin for 4 months without going mad. I'm doing pretty well and only have a slight twitch.

Our last feat was to keep a pet alive in this weather as well. They ran out of puppies, so I was assigned a cute 4 year old girl who looks like a kitty, but barks like a dog. I did manage to keep her alive as well. She likes cereal.

Anyway, please send sun. I need to thaw.

Love, Emily

4 comments:

andrea said...

Wishing I could send you some juicy humidity and sun-rays-through-the-clouds from Camp Thisizgreatcauseitswarmerthanice, Auckland, New Zealand!

Anonymous said...

the sun will come out tomorrow... bet you're bottom dollar on tooooomorrrrrrroooowwwwww.

OK, maybe not.

maybe you should migrate south for the winter. I hear Camp CharlotteIsGreatButIMissMyBigSis is beautiful this time of year. :)

Sheryl said...

Look at that - warmer weather AND sun for you yesterday!

Short Stop said...

I loved this, Em.

And, you're so right. I need to thaw, too. We're heading east in a couple of weeks. Whew...