Monday, February 4, 2008

Morgan Stories

Morgan found a bruise on her arm. Naturally she had to make a story to go with it:

"Mom, someone beat me up the other day. Look. And then I got nipples all over me (she points to her neck) and then the doctor gave me a bruise instead."

Side note: Morgan confuses pimples with nipples. We're not sure why. And we don't talk about nipples with any frequency either, so we have no idea why she uses this word. I hope she uses it in church. That would be great. :)

_______________________________________

Morgan: "Mom, I know how they make DVDs. First they pat it. Then they squeeze it. Then they bake it in the oven. Then they let it cool and put a picture on it." (Hmmm... similar to the gingerbread man?)

Emily: "Wow, Morgan... where did you learn that?"

Morgan: "My uncles."

Morgan attributes almost all her knowledge to her preschool or her uncles.

_______________________________________

Morgan is getting a cold. She describes her symptoms this way:

"Mom, I have a 'edache'. It's not a 'headache' like Daddy gets. I get 'edaches' but Daddy gets 'headaches'. My uncles get 'wedaches'. It makes my head feel funny."

6 comments:

Janice said...

Would these be the uncles that are single getting the "wed"aches? Do these come on when people start talking about finding a good woman and settling down? :)

Emily Dykstra said...

haha... Could be. :)

Sittintall said...

She has one great imagination. I love the wedaches! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!

Got your family website from Noel. How the heck are you? Morgan is so cute! Some of the stories you post remind me a lot of our oldest, Aiden (almost 3.5 years old). We also have a 21 month old, Logan (yes, named after THE Logan) and we're due w/ baby #3 in July '08. (-: I hope you're doing well and would love to hear from you sometime. My email address is noony@juno.com - if you shoot me an email, I can send you our family website info (it has a username and password). Take care!

Love,
Jenny (Parent)

Short Stop said...

She is definately one imaginative girl! I love her thinking...

And, she makes me laugh. We've gotta ger her and Jack together for a playdate. I just gotta hear those conversations! :)

Maybe when Dan and Jason have theirs...LOL!

trevsmom said...

Nippples, ha ha ha! I would love it if she prayed for them during Sunday School.