Monday, February 18, 2008

Care

The past few weeks I have been battling some kind of sinus issues, which I understand are pretty normal for winter. Dry heat, etc.

This normally isn't too tough to shake... a couple days of rest should do it, right? But in conjunction with other life issues, I've needed extra rest.

One day I napped twice. It was totally unintentional, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was afraid I'd wake up with a unibrow, like the one Morgan drew on me earlier this summer when I fell asleep.

It's the kind of wearyness that one feels when they're pregnant. (I'm not.)

In any case, I'm mostly frustrated b/c there are so many people I care for right now who I want to encourage or give a "thumbs up" to but. simply. can't. keep. my. eyes. open.

So here's the deal: I care. I do. You know who you are. I read your blogs. And I care.

More importantly: God cares. I relinquish you to His care.

Which I should've done in the first place. :)

2 comments:

Sittintall said...

We know you care, but your first priority is yourself. Hang in there. You'll be in my prayers. Hopefully the sun will come soon and help brighten your day.

Janice said...

Not to throw the lupus thing out there, but how you are feeling is much of my life and as the one who always "takes care" of others it severly challenged me. I learned that those who know you best will never question if you care, but actually are ready and willing to handle the caring for you while you take care of yourself. So take an extra nap, leave it in others hands, and know there is lots of care to go around.