Sunday, February 17, 2008

Chocolate Love

Us Dykstras don't do much in the way of celebrating Valentine's Day. We get each other cards and eat a few extra chocolates or random candies that claim we should fax someone or call another.

I do, however, like to make a good dinner.

On le menu for the evening was some good home-cooked comfort food:
Beef Stronganoff with broccoli
and probably some other sides I hadn't thought about.

The cupid had other plans, however. Let's just say that the beef stronganoff had a date with le trash can. Apparently one can overdo the sherry and salt.

Cost*co came to the rescue with frozen marinated salmon and frozen broccoli.

But now my time was short for making the most important part of the dinner. Dessert, of course. Cue "ta-da" music. No problemo.



Dan and I received this wonderful cookbook from Marylou Ahrens for our wedding. It's called "Short and Sweet". Each recipe calls for approximately 5 ingredients. And with a few quick stirs, I made the dinner from diablo into a dinner to remember: Warm Mocha Truffle Cake. You serve it warm, almost directly from the oven. The insides are a gooey mess of chocolate love. It's bound to make even the most disciplined among us try a bite or two.

I, however, plead gluttony.

4 comments:

andrea said...

I am standing in a pool of what was Antarctica because that mocha chocolate yummy yummy dessert has melted in my mouth and everywhere around me! Looks AMAZING!

Kris said...

Mmmm...that looks heavenly!
K

Short Stop said...

Holy chocolate! When we come to visit, this must be on the menu.

YUMMO!!

Sittintall said...

Looks heavenly! You should share the recipe. I'm always up for a chocolate treat!