Thursday, February 21, 2008

Knight

I was supermom today.

Translation: I did nothing but stay in the general vicinity of Morgan all day to play with her or talk with her.

I'm not naturally inclined to spend my day this way, but she was insistent and we were waiting for Dan.

About a half hour before Dan got home, we went up to her room to watch for him out of her bedroom window.

Then I heard a *click* sound. She has a lock on the outside of her doorknob. She locked us in her room.

I never anticipated this, so I never put a key above her door. Fortunately my knight in shining armor was dashing through the snow in a one horsepower Corolla, so I didn't have anything to fret.

We stayed there for a half hour talking and giggling. Then I asked her, "Why did you lock us in your room?"

Her response was precious: "Now you have to stay and have a sleepover with me."

Dan came home a little later to two females screaming "I love you" from the upstairs bedrooms. He rescued us.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

That is the CUTEST story ever on earth!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

aww that is so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

aww that is so cute. :)

Kris said...

Oh dear...locked in the room! I can just imagine Dan's reaction..."why didn't they greet me at the door??" Hehe!
K