Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thumpety Thump

Things Which Make My Heart Go Thumpety-Thump:

1. Dan Dykstra, hubba hubba hubby-- by FAR

2. Driving over a railroad track just before the safety bars come down.

3. Cookbooks. I'm a glutton.

4. Comfort food. French Fries. Wine. French fries + wine.

5. Getting cozy with the fam on the couch and watching a movie.
6. Seeing some gorgeous fabric online. Purchasing a yard or two in the name of therapy.

7. Winning an ebay auction. Hello, Bose Sounddock.

8. Putting nice music on in the evening before Dan comes home, lighting a candle and making it seem as if the day went seamlessly. Smooching said husband.

9. Buying Morgan 1 or 2 nice dresses each season- the "don't paint in this at preschool" kind. Giggling over this cute number which reminds me of the dresses I used to wear as a little girl.


10. Reading a good book and then sharing a discussion with others about it.

11. Taking an afternoon break with a decaf coffee and one piece of really good chocolate. Lindt truffles. Dove chocolates.


12. Getting a phone call from a sibling or a friend. Especially a call with good news.

13. Talking to an older woman like my Grammy (who taught me to sew) or my mother.

14. Sewing curtains for my house. (Stay tuned... later posts will show the before and afters.)

15. Enjoying tulips on my kitchen table in the winter. Pretending its spring.



16. Snail mail. Get photos in the mail from family and friends.

17. Comments on my blog postings. Eeeek!

18. TJMaxx or HomeGoods store.

19. Getting an email from a friend who took the time out of their busy day to say something encouraging. Double thumpety thump.

20. Eating with friends.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

My heart leapt most recently when I got a message on my phone from the elementary school confirming John's (age 5) absence from school on a day he was not supposed to be absent. Turns out on his ride to school with dad, they stopped at a gas station and John locked the keys in the car with the car running... good at playing hookie already?

Kris said...

Love your list! These are great!
K

Janice said...

Love the strawberry dress! Guessing it wouldn't be as cute on a 30 something year old woman? :)
Enjoy all the things you love tomorrow!

A girl who loves said...

I LOOOOVE that dress. Do you think Jack will mind wearing it?

Unknown said...

Decaf? Yuck!