Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Snippets of Motherhood

It's 7:30 in the morning. I think I've already washed 7 cups that were sitting around the kitchen or other places of the house.

Little kids may be little but they sure need a lot of cups.

____________________________

I was really proud of Morgan this morning. She changed her mind about wanting jam on her toast. Too late. I already baptized it with Smuckers. She was on the verge of a fit but was able to pull through. She found a way to wipe off the jam.

I was wiping off the kitchen counters and thinking of how proud I was of her when I found the jam she wiped. In the washcloth. I was holding. And rewiping all over the countertops.

____________________________

What inspires a 4 year old girl to "dry" her purple marker on the white guest towels in the bathroom?

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

That Morgan! She just makes me smile.

Cups, cups, and more cups....(sounds like a br.a convention)...I'm with you there, sister!

Unknown said...

Morgan's leaving cups all over the house, huh? That's great. Our daughter is just like that little kid in "Signs" -- maybe she's trying to protect us from alien invaders. ;)