Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentine's Day Fun

I forgot to post this Valetine's Week:

Morgan had her first Valentine's party today.

When we got home I let her read all her letters.

Almost all of them had either 1) temporary tattoos or 2) candy.

I let her eat all the candy immediately. Might as well.

Then came the tattoos.

I was on the phone when she put on the first one. I was pretty darn impressed. She remembered the wet cloth and to count to "20". Good job, Morgan. She applied another and another. Legs and arms were covered.

Then she asked if she could put one on her forehead. At least she asked.

Since I'm not raising a tribesperson, I gave her the kybosh on that one. I had visions of Lorraine Bracco in the movie "Medicine Man"... you know... the one with Sean Connery where she gets that permanent blue forehead tattoo. Hilarious.

Point is, temporary or not, I'm not okay with forehead tattoos.

Since I nixed her brilliant idea, I had to enjoy a tattoo of my own on my wrist.

I let her use them all up.

She got more in the mail, but I let those slide by her watchful eyes into the waiting trash can. We've had enough tattoo fun. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the tattoos...gotta love that. I seem to recall loving temp. tattoos as well. They were always the best prize that came in my crackerjack. ;)

Sittintall said...

You should have posted a picture. I would have loved to see the amazing tattoo girl!

Anonymous said...

that's exactly why i didn't send any in my card! :) (OK, actually I couldn't find any at the grocery store. Oh well.) :)

Janice said...

Oh what fun! See I blame my mom for my four tattoos... she never let me cover myself with temporary ones. I would have been so over it when it came to real ink- hahaha!!