Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Craigslist.com

My friend Stephanie introduced to me this new terrible addiction: Craigslist.com. Think "yard sale" on the web. For the most part, it's local pickup. It's similar to ebay only in that you can buy things on the web that others don't want anymore. But it's better than ebay in some aspects:
1. It's generally cheaper.
2. It isn't an auction site (good and bad... you have to pick up your item quickly or else someone else may get it).

So today I had a friend help me pick up a bulletin board which I wanted for my office. It's huge. The dimensions are roughly 48" x 72". I'm going to hang it up on my wall and call it my "wall of happiness". I'm planning on putting photos and images on it that remind me to be happy, grateful or, by jeeves, to stop getting wrapped around the axles of life.

And here's the uber cool part: the board was $10. A new one in the store costs about $100. Isn't if fun getting a deal of something you need? (Dan would say "want", but that's just semantics.)

And today, for a small cost I also bought a 27" TV and DVD/VHS player. It's going in our bedroom. Apparently I have a tendency to fall asleep during movies so this way we can be in bed while Dan finishes his show. How's THAT for a date night! :)

So try it out. It's fun and easy.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I love this site, too! We are currently surfing for a small girls bike and a sitter! Interesting combo, eh?
K

Short Stop said...

I love Craigslist! I'm always surfing around looking at fun things. Have you seen Freecycle? I posted about it on my blog once...it's a cool site, too!

Emily Dykstra said...

That is interesting! A sitter, eh? I'll keep my eyes open for you!