Sunday, July 8, 2007

Crate and Barrel Outlet

Something really cool happened today.

My husband and I were in need of some end tables. Our sectional couch could not entirely fit in our new living room, so we took the end off of it. As a result, the shortened couch fit a lot better but since there was no "arm" on one side, the pillows kept sliding off. I saw my sister Noel do this trick in one of her rooms: she had the same situation with a sectional, so she purchased a heavy duty end table to "anchor" the side. It worked. The pillows stopped shifting.

Operation heavy end table was in progress.

I had been looking on craigstlist.com for a while but unless I wanted a glass top table or a wiry framed one, I couldn't find an end table. My husband and I weren't interested in spending $400-600 a pop for new ones. We were more in a much smaller range of budget.

Before we left shopping, I asked God for success in our shopping trip. We don't have much time to shop together anymore; Saturdays are pretty much the only day. And the way our couch pillows kept shifting, we were going to have to put boulders on the end if we didn't find something soon.

So here's what I told God: " Lord, we need some end tables and we'd like to spend X amount of dollars. Please help us."

We went to the Crate and Barrel outlet and found just what we needed. There was an end table on the sale floor that we liked and another that looked pretty good. Dan wanted matching ones, but we would have to accept these similar looking ones. Additionally, they were a bit more than we wanted to spend, but we were willing to do it. One table was more expensive than the other by a lot.

Here's the cool part: when we went to pick up our tables in the warehouse, it turned out that they had TWO of the one we liked the best that was cheaper. They were having a 50% off sale which helped us get $30 lower than our already low price point. Yippee! Can you believe that? A Crate and Barrel set of end tables for super cheap? It's very hard to find two matching end tables at the Crate and Barrel outlet. They tend to be bought quickly.

So with a tired husband, an active three year old and a small budget we were able to get what we needed. I'm very grateful. God knew our situation and heard our prayer.

1 comment:

Short Stop said...

That's AWESOME, Em! What a great find. I am always amazed at what God will do when I just ask Him.

YAY for your new (matching!) end tables! :)