Sunday, July 15, 2007

Morgan Stories

Having a three year old in the house definitely adds to our "storytelling" ability. Long gone are the awkward silent dinners because of a lack of stories to tell. Morgan adds a new dimension to our family that rivals the storytelling of BOTH her grandfathers, who have a lot of stories in their own back pockets. She gives them new fodder.

GOOD MORNING MORGAN
This morning I greeted Morgan with the traditional "Good morning, Morgan" and she replied "I have a wedgie."

RUB A DUB TUB
A few nights ago I ran a bath for Morgan, got her situated in the tub and then ran to the kitchen to check on the dinner. I heard here singing and playing in the bath, so I knew she was okay. I went to check on her 20 minutes later and discovered that she had been bathing in the dark. "Morgan, why are you in the dark?" I asked. Her reply was priceless: "Well, you turned the light off, Mommy. Next time Morgan says 'Mommy, please turn the light back on' you should listen to Morgan."

We have a "stay seated in the tub" rule where Morgan can only stand up in the tub if parents are present. We don't want her to slip in the tub after all. So when I drew her bath and left, apparently I turned off the light on my way out. She knew she wasn't allowed to leave the bath tub, so she sat in the dark tub and played.

This is especially puzzling how she is OVERLY obedient with this particular scenario, but tries to find loopholes in other "rules" we have in our house.

SCRIPTING
Morgan is notorious for telling us what we're supposed to say. Earlier this week she asked for something, probably a cookie before dinner. I told her "No, not now" and she said, "Mommy, you're not supposed to say 'No'. You're supposed to say 'Alright, Morgan.' See?"

There is never a dull moment with Morgan around. Thanks for making my summer juicy, Miss Morgan.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

She's a pure comedian!

Kris said...

I love these stories! She is quite the character!
K