Sunday, July 29, 2007

Morgan Stories

Tonight as I was researching dishwashers online, my daughter called to me. She had just finished using the bathroom. "Mom!!! Mom! Mom!" she called relentlessly. "I made a poopie." At this point I realized that her voice appeared to be coming closer to mine. Oh no. Please don't tell me I have a dirty buttocked child walking in my direction.

She made her appearance into my office. Well, part of her appeared. Morgan walked backwards and shoved her derriere into the room, pointing at her buns. "Look! See? I told you I did a poopie." Lovely. I couldn't help but laugh and chastise her for leaving the bathroom.

Morgan has graduated into underpants. This is a big deal because her graduation from diapers last year was a little premature; a series of stressful situations caused her to go back to pullups for 6 more months. But now she dons pink polka dot undies or Pretty Pony. She loves them.

Now we just need to teach modesty and we're set.

____________________________________

I tell my mother when she calls that I love this stage that Morgan is in. She is very animated. She is still pretty fiesty, but I think that's a mixture of her personality and her gender. And sin, too- of course, sin. But still, fiesty.

This morning I asked her how her dreams were. Morgan looked me directly in the eye and said: "No answer."

"No answer?" I inquired. "Fine. Then what do you want for breakfast."

"Um, no answer" was her quirky response. I tickled her. "No answer, huh? Fine. Then I won't give you an answer either."

The tables turned and we played the "no answer" response game.

Morgan Dykstra, you are an original.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

YAY for pink polka dot undies! Good for her!

The no answer game sounds fun! :)

Kris said...

How true it is! She is an original and we love that! Yeah for undies!
K