Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kitty Grim Reaper


It's time to rant. Dan is tucking Morgan in bed and he *thinks* I'm wiping down the kitchen. hehe. Blog time.

Did you hear about the kitty who predicts the death of nursing home patients? Here, read:
"PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Oscar the cat seems to have an uncanny knack for predicting when nursing home patients are going to die, by curling up next to them during their final hours.

His accuracy, observed in 25 cases, has led the staff to call family members once he has chosen someone. It usually means they have less than four hours to live"


I think this is hilarious. Imagine yourself as a 99 year old patient, slowly eating your cup of applesauce dinner when (enter Jaws music here) a cute little kitty decides to rain on your parade with the Grim Reaper. Normally nursing home patients like visitors, but not this one! Bet no one is saying "Here, kitty, kitty". If I were a resident there, I would keep a spray bottle of water near my bedside in case Oscar the cat decided to kick my bucket. And if there were another resident who took my prize in Bingo that day, I think I'd smear their bedsheets with catnip. That oughta do the trick.

What's scary is that this cat has been fairly accurate in 25 cases. Did you read that? TWENTY FIVE times.

Next time you're in the pet store and about to drop some dough on a feline, you may want to consider who he comes with. The results could be "grim".

4 comments:

andrea said...

I saw that this morning (while in the dentist chair)...what a strange feline friend--what do you suppose will happen when Oscar is four hours from departing this earth?

Anonymous said...

yet another reason why dogs are better than cats...

Short Stop said...

LOL! I read that article. I don't really like cats, so this is just another reason to add to my list.

It's kind of strange that they let a cat wander around a nursing home anyway. Weird.

Unknown said...

From what I read, that ward was full of patients that had no idea what was going on anyway. They don't recognize the cat.

They also say the cat isn't particularly friendly - not pettable and stuff. But really - I never imagined the grim reaper to be all that cuddly anyway.