Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter

Twas the day after midnight
When Rowling released
Book number seven,
A veritable feast

With goblins and creatures
That woo and amaze
And adored Harry Potter
Who caught the world's gaze

My daughter is bedded
She lay without peep
For Dan wore her out
With the hopes she would sleep

And then my dear husband
Like so many others
Looked at me hopefully
As if I were his mother

"Okay," I permitted
For he hadn't tarried
In working this morning
"You can read Harry."

It's quiet in our house
And along with my mate
All of our friends want
To know Harry's fate

So hushabye cobwebs
All the tasks that we juggle
Will just have to wait
We readers, we muggles.

2 comments:

Short Stop said...

You're awesome, Em! I have forwarded this to Jason! :)

Sheryl said...

This is fantastic!! But PLEASE! If you are going to blog about the ending of the last HP book, put up a fair warning!! I still haven't read the 6th book and obviously want to read the 7th as well....thanks :)