Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tummy

Hi, friends-

I'm here to brag about my in-laws. My father, mother and sister-in-law are visiting from Iowa. They have been so helpful.

Yesterday I had to have a routine stomach scope procedure. I forget the technical name, but basically they doped me up, stuck a small camera down my throat and took naughty photos of my tummy. It was great fun. My father-in-law took me to the surgical center while mom and sis watched Morgan.

Looks like my stomach is doing okay. Unfortunately for Dan we have to raise the head of our bed by 6 inches so that it tilts. If anyone has ANY idea how to do this, I'm all ears. The doc said that sleeping up on pillows to tilt myself will not be acceptable.

I was feeling really low yesterday. It has been a year of a lot of needle pricks and IVs. I'm really tired of the smell of doc offices. But I reminded myself that I should be grateful for health insurance and for my docs.

Today I'm on cloud 9 because no one is sticking anything but food down into my tummy!

5 comments:

Sheryl said...

Your procedure may be similar to my endoscopy! NOT FUN.

What are they checking your tummy for? And sleeping at a tilted angle? What's that gonna do for ya? Interesting...You can't get a foam wedgie? I suppose that's similar to just propping yourself up on 4 + pillows, huh?

A girl who loves said...

You can get your husband to build a bike ramp. That ought to be really romantic.

Short Stop said...

Praying for you! So glad that test is over! It does sound like an endoscopy. I've had one of those before.

We had to prop Jack's mattress in his crib up because he had acid reflux. We put a REALLY large 3 ring binder under the mattress near his head...I'd say it was close to 6 inches. Anyway, sorry if that's a dumb idea for an adult, but it worked for him. Maybe a wedge pillow between the boxspring and mattress?

Kris said...

Try something under your bed frame. They have those bed lifts for storing things under the bed. You could just use two. What fun!

Kathryn Clark said...

The bed lifts Kris mentioned should do the trick. You can get them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They come in plastic or wood. The procedure you had is an esophagogastroduodenoscopy,we like to say EGD for short- you can see why. It's really long to write on the consent form!