Friday, August 24, 2007

Blockbuster



I signed up for Blockbuster online this past year. I really like the convenience of getting movies in the mail and having the choice of returning them to the store or simply sticking them back in the mailbox when I'm done. It's a groovy program and I give it an "A".

It appears, however, that someone has taken over my Blockbuster Queue. Where I used to receive a multitude of acceptable chick flicks or old Frasier episodes, I now find myself the confused recipient of such titles as **"The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "Forbidden Planet".

My husband, in a gesture of welfare, thought that my movie selections were somewhat limiting. And so he revamped our queue so we will have a more well rounded diet of chick flick, adventure and classic sci-fi.

I'm not opposed to expanding my visual palette, but let's just say that the space pace of these films delivers one from insomnia.

* Admit it, husband... YOU fell asleep, too.

** Anyone who said "hurrah" to either of these titles should take a bath. And anyone who who said "hurrah" to either of these titles and is currently married should consider themselves fortunate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easy, there girl...you're cuttin' deep!

True, I did fall asleep during Forbidden Planet, but I still think those old 50s sci-fi flicks are cool...gotta love seeing what people in that time thought the future would be like.

You know, how the makers of Forbidden Planet thought that it would be the late 21st century before man landed on the moon. :)