Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wonderful Morgan

This morning Morgan made "grass". She took a piece of paper and cut the edges into thin strips so that it appeared to have a furry, grassy edge.

"Look, Mom! I made grass!" she said proudly.

"You made GRASS? YOU MADE GRASS?" I made a big deal of it. I took her in my arms and swung her around in my swivel chair praising her all the while: "I'm so proud of you! You're so smart... and creative... and funny... and pretty... and kind... and wonderful! You did great!" We laughed as we spun. She smiled and continued on her merry way as I went back to work.

A few minutes later she came back to me: "Mom, look! I made grass again! You want to do that loving again? That telling me that I'm wonderful?"

You slay me, Morgan.

Of course.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Absolutely precious!!!

Short Stop said...

She rules! :) Give those cheeks a kiss for me!

Kris said...

She is well-loved! Way to go, momma!
K

Anonymous said...

So I'm sitting here at work typing away on some code eating "Fit & Active Yogurt Covered Raisins" when it hits me... that was some REALLY clever marketing. I haven't moved in 6 hours.