Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happiness is...

...being married to Dan Dykstra. And have him come home from out of town business.

...playing Candyland with Morgan and Dan. And watching Morgan kick butt at this game of chance.

...having my sister and brother in-law come into town today!

...being an American. Lyrics by Bruce Springstein.

...having health. And healthcare.

...having friends. Especially ones who take the edge off my pessimism.

...being married to Dan Dykstra, completer of my sentences.

5 comments:

andrea said...

ahh...enjoy your family and the happiness!

Kris said...

It's good to list these out every now and then, isn't it? Have fun with your family!
K

Sittintall said...

I just want to say that you really inspire me. There are days I don't blog because I simply can't think of anything "good". But, in addition to having a way with words, you seem to find a lot of positive things in your life (when I'm sure that everything isn't always peachy keen). You really strive to find the blessings God gave you. Thanks.

Short Stop said...

I couldn't agree more with sittintall, Em. Your posts are definitely inspiring, and you shed such a fun light on life and motherhood! This post is the perfect example of that.

I think Dan Dykstra is pretty cool, too! (in a let's make jello shooters, laugh at idiots, best reader you'll ever find for your wedding kind of way!)

Emily Dykstra said...

Wow. I sure am blessed by such encouraging words. I love when women encourage other women. Thank you, friends.