Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Restrictions?

It has been a very odd week. In some ways very full and in other ways very bare.

It appears that my acid reflux is raising its ugly head again and so I'm enjoying vast amounts of bananas and rice. So I'm restricting my diet.

I'm also restricting my wallet. I confessed to myself that I didn't really NEED to spend all this money on the house right now (I have piles of purchases that I haven't even USED). I am on a self-imposed fast from buying home related paraphernalia for 2 weeks. In retrospect, I'm pretty sure that I used buying as an excuse to make me feel in control of something. But "one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses" (Luke 12:15) no matter WHAT Pottery Barn's Bed and Bath catalog tells me.

Even with all these restrictions, I feel oddly full. Friends have reached out to us in both small and large ways. A very heart felt thank you to those of you who have told me via blog comment, email or by mouth that you are praying for us. It means a great deal. It was hard to enjoy my "party of one" pity fest yesterday with so many kind people contacting us.

Thanks for all your demonstrations of love. I should have everyone over for dinner sometime. I make a mean banana rice casserole. :)

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

You sound like me w/ your diet of rice and whatnot...I actually don't mind that diet to be honest - read my mom's blog about not teaching us kids to cook! HA

Anyway, you have wonderful friends and family who, no matter how low you feel, will ALWAYS be loving you, praying for you and supporting you! I'm glad I can be a part of that and you for me!! :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I came by today to see how the appointment went. Sorry to see it was pushed off a bit.

I'll be thinking of you.

This post is so true. I have to throw out Pottery Barn kids mags now as soon as they come. The drooling begins immediately and I picture my life as "so much easier" if I only had that....

Short Stop said...

You're very loved...which is no surprise at all! :)

I'm sorry about your acid reflux again...ugh! How annoying!

Hang in there, Em! :)