Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Backup

I'm calling in backup.

You'd think I had it made. I have an ANGEL who comes to help me everyday: Debbie. She cleans, she watches Morgan... she does errands. She's amazing.

But...

She leaves in the early afternoon every day.

Last week my husband was out of town.

Morgan made it clear whenever I was trying to rest that she had other plans:

The bathroom endured a toothpaste makeover while I was unawares.

The "hope" room was redecorated with lip gloss. On the carpet. And on the walls. Greasy little handprints.

The guest room was "rescented" when a certain darling took the lavender reed infuser and used the reeds to write oil messages on the chalkboard.

Craft supplies are found dumped in little piles around the house in strange and wonderful places.

And since her mother wasn't able to feed her fast enough, Morgan found the watermelon slices in the fridge and took scoops and bites out of each piece. It was an act of watermelon territorialism.

It's hard to rest when you know that someone is redecorating the house in unconventional ways.

And I found that TV wasn't quite the babysitter it used to be. Lost its sticking power.

My in-laws offered to come next week while the hubby is out of town.

Yes, yes and again, yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please call if you ever need one of my daughters to help you out. I remember napping one day when I was pregnant and woke up to find Carissa playing with the flour and sugar. There was a big mound on the kitchen table. It was so cute that I could hardly get mad at her. :-)

Short Stop said...

Oh, praise God! Oh, how I was desperate for help when pregnant with Lincoln. When Jason went out of town, I prayed for the rapture.

I am SO glad they are coming. That's God's grace to you, my friend, in the form of Grandma and Grandpa!