Friday, June 20, 2008

Thanks

Today for lunch I ate half a sub sandwich from Subway. Beth suggested that we go on our way back from Vacation Bible School. I'm so glad that she did.

There was Italian bread.

And turkey.

A bit of provolone.

And some green pepper slices.

As I crunched on the cold green pepper slices, I nearly wept. It's one of the first vegetables I've had in 8 weeks. A non-carb. Heavenly.

I wanted to eat gallons of them, but I knew better than to overdo it. Better introduce them to my system slowly, like reuniting with an old friend.

Later today, I had some watermelon.

Thank you, Beth.

3 comments:

andrea said...

I wish you could see how big my smile is for you!

Beth said...

You did look a little teary eyed. I was hoping it wasn't bad! We had a good time today! Hopefully there are lots more to come!
Beth

trevsmom said...

That is so stinkin funny. I too had a subway sandwhich today for lunch and it was indeed the best thing I have tasted lately. Mine was also on Italian bread, with cucumbers green peppers, parmesan and oregano...mmmmmm I think I want another one. Glad you enjoyed sinking your teeth into this sandwhich!