Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday

I've had a pretty good week as far as sickness goes, so it surprised me this morning that I felt so very terrible. "The baby is growing" as we always say.

Morgan did pretty well in the morning with me laying on the couch. But she made her annoyance known later on in the day. Specifically almost every time I went in the bathroom to, uh, "grow a baby". The first time I was in the bathroom, she was utterly in tears because I wouldn't pay attention to her trying to get her shirt off. Seriously. I couldn't even talk but that didn't stop her end of the dialogue. :)

And she made up some other excuse for the another time I was in the bathroom. Probably something about snacks. Crazy kid.

Later that day I was trying to rest and thought SHE was resting as well. Apparently she had been playing in the back yard. I yelled at her for that one. I was scared and not thinking and not feeling well. Bad mommy.

So tonight my dear husband will come home and promised to take her biking. I will rest and grow this baby. And we'll have a talk with our dear daughter about how much we love her and don't want her to go out of the house without us.

I wish this was one of those feel-good posts, but the truth is that I wasn't the Mom I had hoped to be, got nothing done and feel like I deserve a "D" on my report card.

I need strength, friends.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Oh gosh, if I got a D for every day I wasn't the friend/daughter I wanted to be and didn't get anything done I would have flunked out of life (that is supposed to make you laugh). I think you have far more strength that you are giving yourself credit for. Besides your grade is subjective... ask that growing baby what you get and I bet its a A.